Washing and laundry symbols are often very baffling and leave you in a predicament for what they really mean. However, they are the key if you want to do your laundry right. In this guide, we will try to help you demystify some of this jargon and explain these symbols.
Dry Cleaning Symbols:
- A hollow circle indicates that this garment is suitable for dry cleaning.
- A circle with a letter indicates a certain chemical is to be used for dry cleaning.
- A circle with a cross indicates that garment is not suitable for dry cleaning.
- A line to the upper left stands for reduced moisture to be used in dry cleaning.
- A line to the upper right represents no steam finishing.
- A line to the bottom right symbolises dry cleaning on low heat.
- A line to the bottom left means dry cleaning for short cycles.
Drying Washing Symbols:
- A hollow circle inside a square indicates that the garment can be tumble dried.
- Dot inside the circle represents the temperature for drying. A single dot is for low temperatures, two for medium and three dots are for higher temperatures.
- A cross symbol indicates that items should not be tumble dried.
- Three vertical lines inside a square represent drip drying.
- Square with a single horizontal line is for flat drying.
- Square with curved line means you should hang the item for drying.
- A plain iron symbol shows that it can be ironed at any temperature.
- Dots in the iron symbol indicate the temperature and material of the item:
- Three dots indicate higher temperatures for cotton products.
- Double dots symbolise medium temperatures for synthetic products.
- A single dot represents low temperatures for woolen and silk products.
- A cross represents that it should not be ironed at any temperature.
- Two lines on the bottom of iron cross symbol indicate that “steaming is not suitable”.
Bleaching Washing Symbols:
- A triangle symbol indicates that your item is suitable for bleaching.
- A cross over the triangle symbolises “Not suitable for bleaching”.
- Two lines inside the triangle are to show case usage of non-chlorine bleaching only.
- Machine symbol depicts that this item is machine washable.
- Different numbers on the machine symbol are used to indicate ideal temperatures for the products to be washed at.
- Hand symbol indicates that item should be hand washed only.
- Cross symbol represents that item is not suitable for washing.
- Wringing symbol means that your item can be wrung while washing.
- Cross over the wringing indicates that your product is not suitable for wringing.
Deciphering these symbols can be quite confusing, and we suggest letting experts do all your hard work. Visit our website where our professional staff will fulfill your demands within just 24 hours.